Hey, everyone. Wrapping up the last Tuesday book share with my 2020 reads. I’ve seen a few posts out there with people naming their top ten reads, but I decided to share my entire list.
As in previous years, I took part in the Goodreads Challenge. Because I don’t have a lot of time to read, I usually set my goal low. This year, I set it for twenty-five books. I’m happy to report I surpassed that number by ten.
My favorite genre is mystery and suspense, but this year I branched out into some other areas. For instance, I’ve never been much of a Sci-fi reader, but D L Cross (Staci Troilo) changed my mind. Her Astral Conspiracy series is among my favorite reads of the year.
I read some new to me authors, several short stories, found a few books that had been on my TBR for several years, and purchased older publications by a couple of my all-time favorite authors. I even threw in a couple of non-fiction stories.
Here’s the list in the order I read them. Amazon links are included except for one that is no longer in publication. (Yes, it’s been on my Kindle that long!)
- My Baby Wrote Me a Letter – Jacquie Biggar
- My Father’s Birthday – James Scott Bell
- Tear Me Apart – J T Ellison
- The Music of The Deep – Elizabeth Hall
- Where Are You Now – Mary Higgins Clark
- Grinders – C S Boyack
- That Darkest Place – Marcia Meara
- In Search of McDoogal – Mae Clair
- And Then There Were None – Agatha Christie
- The House on The Hill – Irina Shapiro
- Legacy of Lies – Robert Bailey
- The Hidden Son – Diana T Benson
- Brother’s Keeper – Jan Sikes
- Brazos Wind – Jan Sikes
- A Killer’s Wife – Victor Methos
- Night Deception – Tamsen Schultz
- A Candle in The Darkness – Karen Black
- I Wouldn’t Be Surprised – D L Finn
- This Last Chance – D L Finn
- The Stones – D L Cross
- The Nine – D L Cross
- Murder They Wrote – Various Authors
- HMS Lanternfish – C S Boyack
- The Truth About the Titanic – Archibald Gracie
- The Twins – D L Cross
- Eternal Road – John W. Howell
- The Lab – D L Cross
- Malice and Forethought – Felicia Denise
- Watching Glass Shatter – James J Cudney
- The Ballad of Mrs. Malony – C S Boyack
- Pretty Evil New England – Sue Coletta
- The Trophy Wife – Sunday Tomasetti
- Footprints in The Snow – Staci Troilo
- The Christmas Cruise – Tammy Tate
- The Thing About Kevin – Beam Weeks
Some books I loved, others not so much, and a couple I stuck with to the end. I had a few books on my Kindle that I began reading but weren’t worthy of finishing. All in all, it’s been a good year for me reading-wise.
I haven’t set my 2021 goals. I thought of increasing it to fifty books (roughly one per week) but that wouldn’t leave me much time to write.
How about you? What are some of your favorite reads for this year? What are your reading goals for 2021?