Hey, everyone. Happy first Friday of March. When Bob Dylan wrote The Times They Are a Changin, he spoke the truth. Changes are inevitable. Some good, others not so good.
But change is in the air. We are moving from winter into spring (for which I am happy).
When the weather permits, I enjoy sitting on my front porch. It’s quite and peaceful – a great place to relax, read, or just sit and think. But my view recently changed.
Our new neighbors cleared out the underbrush from their property line and trimmed trees. So now, I have an even better view than before. I took this photo of the sunrise early last Saturday. A few months ago, I wouldn’t have been able to see the sun peaking over the horizon. This is a good change.
Speaking of change, are you ready for Daylight Saving Time? I don’t mind the extra light in the evenings, but it means once again I’ll be leaving the house when it’s still dark. Not only that it takes my body weeks to adjust to losing an hour.
Why can’t more states be like Arizona and refuse to participate in the change? In reality, we’re not “saving” anything. There’s still the same amount of light and darkness each day.
But enough of my ranting. Are you ready for this week’s links?
On this site:
On Story Empire
- How to Publish With KDP Part 6 – Harmony Kent
- A Special Announcement from Story Empire – Group
- Welcome and Brief Introduction – Marcia Meara
- Character Archetypes: The Herald – C S Boyack
On Other Sites:
- How a Career Can Reveal Your Character’s Deeper Layers – Writers Helping Writers
- Using Visuals to Inspire Scenes – Writers in The Storm
- Fiction Writing Contests Worth Your Time – Writer Unboxed
- What’s The Best Way to Discover Your Story? – Kill Zone
- Clueless Advice People Give Writers – Anne R. Allen
- Fantasy Writing Tools for Paranormal Authors – Just Publishing
- Self Publishing: How Much is it Going to Cost – The Book Designer
- 5 Reasons Why Audio Book Usage is Up Among Students – Nicholas C Rossis
- Outlining in Reverse – Kill Zone
- Synopsis Writing Made Easy – Writers Helping Writers
- Instead of Promotion, Try Participation – Writer Unboxed
- The Puzzling Prologue Problem – A Writers Path
- 3 Ways to Prevent Amazon Reviews From Vanishing – Writers in The Storm
- Characters of Personality: 7 Concepts for Richer Stories – Now Novel
- How Can Writers Pay it Forward – Jami Gold
- The Importance of Backstory – Fiction University
- Coloring With Words – Writers in The Storm
- 3 Reasons Why That Perfectly Good Scene is Boring Your Readers – Fiction University
- Separating Yourself from Your Characters – A Writers Path
- The Evolution of Blogging – Nicholas C Rossis
- How to Use Amazon Key Words to Improve Sales – Just Publishing