Hey, Readers. It’s been a rather strange week. On Monday, my husband, brother, and I had to make a trip to the Dallas/Fort Worth area for a funeral. We left my brother’s house at 7:00, got to the outskirts of Dallas (about 80 miles) in an hour and fifteen minutes. From there it took another 1.25 hours to travel another 35-40 miles. Five lanes of freeway and bumper to bumper traffic.
Can I say I’m glad I don’t have to drive in that every day? Funny thing, a couple of weeks ago, I talked about Dallas rush hour in a post for Story Empire. Never dreamed I’d be in the middle of that mess so soon.
Needless to say, I came home exhausted and I’ve spent much of the week playing catch up. But on the drive home, I did capture a photo of some wispy white clouds.
Tomorrow is leap day, so take advantage to enjoy the extra day this year. And now, it’s time for this week’s links:
On this site:
On Story Empire:
- What is Your Style of Learning – Mae Clair
- Using the Five Senses: Smell – Me
- Dual Use of Meta Data: Reader Guides – P. H. Solomon
On Other Sites:
- How to Have Shocking Coffee With Your Lead Character – Kill Zone
- 5 Common Mental Traps That Stand Between You and Writing Success – Anne R. Allen
- How to Rewrite Your Whole Darn Book – Kill Zone
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid if You Want to Finish Your Book – Writers Helping Writers
- Think Small to Make Big Scenes Work – Kill Zone
- Fictional Character Profile Template – Just Publishing
- How Pitching a Novel is Like Being in the Secret Service – A Writer’s Path
- Do Your Stories Have Deeper Meanings – Jami Gold
- The Dangers of Chasing the Blockbuster Novel Dream – Fiction University
- Social Media Meltdown: Tackling Burnout (for Writers) – Writer Unboxed
- 5 Steps To Becoming A Superstar Self Editor – Writers in The Storm