Hey, everyone. It’s October. A time ghosts, goblins, werewolves, vampires, and just about any other creature you can imagine. Halloween is only a few weeks away, so what time to read some spooky stories?
I’ve contributed in several anthologies with other authors. Macabre Sanctuary is a collection of ten short stories published by AIW Press in 2016. Here’s the blurb:
Thrills. Chills. Shadows and superstitions. Things that go bump in the night. Macabre Sanctuary boasts suspenseful fiction designed to elicit goosebumps and raise heart rates.
- Learn the lore of a haunted island.
- Grapple with the undead while robbing graves Halloween night.
- Endure a hazing ritual unlike any other.
- Deal with a demon at an All Souls’ Day celebration.
- See what happens when you court death in the wild.
- Battle zombies and cannibals in a quest to stay alive.
- Travel back in time to witness the birth of true evil.
- Fear prophetic nightmares made manifest.
- Come to terms with new ethereal realities.
- Befriend a feline to extend earthly life.
This collection from ten talented authors offers ghosts and demons, spirits and zombies, cannibals and killers… even a ferocious animal. Historical and contemporary tales of violence and fright keep readers on the edges of their seats. There’s something for everyone who loves spine-tingling, bone-chilling, blood-curdling stories.
Here’s a list of the stories and their authors.
- The Keeper’s House – Joan Hall
- The Lady Ghost – Mae Clair
- Initiation – Jan Morrill
- The All Souls Ritual – Staci Troilo
- A Good Place to Die – Pamela Foster
- Wanderers – Stacy Claflin
- Ascent – Michele Jones
- Night – K. E. Lang
- The Locked Door – Harmony Kent
- There’s a Cat on My Grave – C. S. Boyack
Sound intriguing? You can pick up a copy of Macabre Sanctuary for free. It’s available on Amazon and other major retailers. Click this link for download options, but beware of things that go bump in the night.