Hey, everyone! Welcome to Friday! Last week, fellow author and Story Empire contributor made a comment that sparked an idea. I’ve been posting links to my own site, Story Empire, and other helpful writing posts.
Thanks to Craig, I’m going to add a new section for random blog posts that caught my attention. They could be short fiction, news about a book launch or upcoming release, or something that inspired me, or just for fun. Thanks, Craig!
I took this photo a few years ago on a September morning at a nearby nature preserve. It’s another favorite place to walk with lots of walking and horseback riding trails. There’s a small fishing pond and an anbundance of wildlife – including an aligator.
No stories set in or inspired by this local as yet, but who knows?
For now, let’s get to this week’s links:
On this site:
- Mystery Monday: MH 370
- Tuesday Book Share: Guest Author Irene Aprile
- A Visit to Sleepy Hollow: WIP Wednesday
- Looking to October: Thursday Thoughts
From Story Empire:
- Taking a Sunday Drive – Mae Clair
- How Do You Write What You Can’t Know – Harmony Kent
- The Audience Resource You’re Avoiding: Goodreads– P H Solomon
From Other Writing Sites:
- Channel Your Strengths – Writers in The Storm
- Power Up Your Prose With Rhetorical Devices – Fiction University
- Quiz Time: Which Type of Writer are You – Kobo Writing Life
- 10 Examples of Social Proof – Just Publishing
- 10 Ways Perfectionism Kills The Writer (and Ten Ways it Doesn’t) – A Writer’s Path
- 5 Essential Digital Writing Tools – Just Publishing
- Cut Unnecessary Internalization from Your Scenes – Fiction University
- Writers Are Courageous – A Writer’s Path
- The Up and Down Sides of Critique Groups – Writers in The Storm
- Which Kind of Opening Works Best? – Fiction University
- A Golden Era for Content Marketing – Nicholas C. Rossis
- Using Reincarnation in Fiction – Legends of Wendemere
- Sprinkling Seeds of Backstory – Fiction University
- What a Difference a Cover Makes – Writers in The Storm
- 5 Steps to Standing Out and Selling More in Your Genre – Kobo Writing Life
- Don’t Let Plot Hijack Your Story – Fiction University
- 6 Myths About Writing – A Writer’s Path
- Nicholas C. Rossis has created a reader poll. He’s passionate about helping fellow authors.
- C S Boyack has a new release and is making appearances around the web. Check out his blog for more information.
- Marcia Meara has a regular Friday feature, First Line Friday where readers have the opportunity to win free books. Click here to learn how to participate.
- Michele Jones writes flash fiction on her blog. Check out her most recednt story.
- John Howell shares views of his neighborhood each Sunday. Click to see this week’s edition.
Enjoy the weekend!