Hey, everyone. Once again, Friday is upon us. Am I the only one who always looks forward to weekends? Come to think of it, wouldn’t it be nice to have two-day workweeks and five-day weekends? Alas, that isn’t the case.
Okay, I promised myself this week’s photo would be a little more upbeat than the one I shared last Friday. What could be better than sharing one of my fur babies?
This is our cats, Little Bit and Tucker. Little Bit is a Black Manx who found us. At the time, we already had two cats and didn’t intend on getting another. But after he nearly lost one of his nine lives in the mouth of our dog, Maggie, and a $600.00 emergency vet bill, Little Bit became a permanent member of the Hall household.
Tucker is on the right. We’ve got him almost six years ago when our other Tuxedo, Cruz, ran away from home only to return five weeks later. They looked virtually identical, even down to the little black mark beneath their chins. Sadly, Cruz ran away again four years ago, and we haven’t seen him since.
Both Little Bit and Tucker have made their way into my stories. Tucker was the inspiration for Whiskers in Unseen Motives. I swear he has the longest whiskers of any cat I’ve known.
Little Bit inspired me to write about a cat named Tinkerbell. You’ll find him in The Keeper’s House, a story about a haunted lighthouse. It is included in the anthology, Macabre Sanctuary.
By the way, the fact that today is Friday the thirteenth had no bearing on my choice to include a photo of a black cat.
Do you include animals in your stories? I think having a pet speaks a lot about a character’s disposition.
And now, it’s time for this week’s writing links.
On This Site or About My Books
- Mystery Monday: Amelia Earhart
- Tuesday Book Share: Unclear Purposes Review
- Share a Review: Unclear Purposes
- WIP Wednesday: Woman in Black
- Thursday Thoughts: Harvest Moon
From Story Empire:
From Other Writing Sites:
- Scrivener’s Forgotten View: The Outline – Writers in The Storm
- Common Misconceptions About Writing Contests Debunked – Fiction University
- How to Keep Your Sanity as an Indie Author – Kobo Writing Life
- Book Marketing: Attracting Your Readers – Sally’s Cafe and Bookstore
- Add More Emotions to Your Scenes – Fiction University
- Learning From Other People’s Writing – A Writer’s Path
- Ten More “F” Words for Writers and Their Characters – Writers in The Storm
- Avoiding Change: What’s Stopping our Characters – Writers Helping Writers
- Writing in a New Genre: Should You Do It? – Fiction University
- Meeting Your Writing Goals – A Writer’s Path
- The Fine Art of Giving Out Criticism – The Kill Zone
- Are You Ready to Go Indie? – Fiction University
- Taking a Character From Good to Great – Writers Helping Writers
That wraps up this week’s links. Enjoy the weekend!