Hey y’all. (Yes, I’m showing my Texas roots.) It’s been months, but I’ve decided to bring back a regular Friday feature. I enjoyed writing my week in review posts. Last fall life got in the way, and before I realized it months had passed without me posting one.
Since it’s the first Friday of August, I thought this would be a good time to resume them. So what’s going on in my world this week? Hubs took some vacation time, so I also decided to take a few days. We didn’t do a long “get away” vacation this year, but its good to have some time to relax. As I said in my Tuesday post, I’m trying to devlote more time to reading.
Speaking of reading, if you want something short and easy, but that will keep you entertained, check out my review of The Scout by D. L. Cross.
And now, here are this week’s writing links:
From Story Empire:
- How to Track a Scriviner Project Using Meta Data – P. H. Soloman
- Expansion Packs: The Stakes Character – C. S. Boyack
- Funny Writing Memes – Harmony Kent
From Other Sites:
- Infographic: Writing Tips from Famous Authors – Nicholas C Rossis
- How to Choose a Writers Conference – A Writer’s Path
- How to Come up With a Title – Kill Zone
- How to Write Description Without Going Overboard – Fiction University
- How (and Where) to Research Historical Crime – Kill Zone
- Where an Author’s Story Begins – Writers in The Storm
- The Emotional Truth: What Gets Us There – Fiction University
- Navigating The Changing Face of Book Promotion – Writers Helping Writers
- Five Tips for Your First Page – A Writer’s Path
- Why Free Works – Writers in The Storm
- How to Craft Engaging Dialogue – Writers Helping Writers
- The Misunderstanding of “Write What You Know” – Fiction University
- Rediscover Your Writing Fun Mojo – Kill Zone