Last Saturday, my husband and I attended a reunion. A very special reunion. Attendees came from all walks of life and were of various ages. All were there to celebrate a special anniversary. For some, it was one year, others five-ten years, and still some celebrated twenty-plus years. Confused yet?
In October 1993, my husband underwent a bone marrow transplant at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. He’s a two-time cancer survivor who has now been cancer free for twenty-five years.
Each year, the Baylor transplant program holds a reunion for survivors. For various reasons, we had been unable to attend since 1994, but with this being a milestone year, we made a point to make it. Needless to say, being back in the place where John spent twenty-four days in the hospital brought back lots of memories. We recalled the first day when he went for a consult. We felt an immediate connection to his care team – they treated us like people, not like a number in the system. One of the survivors who spoke said the same thing – he felt like family.
The theme for this year’s reunion was “The Circle of Life.” Entertainment was based on The Lion King, including a fantastic rendition of Elton John’s “Circle of Life.” We had a great time and feel blessed to have attended the event.
I also took a few days vacation this week, or as I like to call it a “staycation.” Making slow progress with Unclear Purposes. I also redesigned my website and blog. I think the new theme fits much better for mystery and suspense.
In the upcoming weeks, I’ll have the cover reveal for Unclear Puposes. But for now, it’s time for this week’s links:
From Story Empire:
- Out of Order – Joan Hall
- Creative Grammar – Harmony Kent
- Friday Group Post: Questing Beasts – Story Empire Authors
From Other Writing Sites:
- An Easy Tip for Developing Story Ideas – Fiction University
- 3 Struggles Only Writers Understand – A Writer’s Path
- Malware and Viruses: The Price to Pay for Free pdf Books? – Just Publishing
- Stuck With Your Story? Walls and Dead Ends in Writing – A Writer’s Path
- Hacking: It Isn’t Just for Thrillers Anymore – Writer’s in The Storm
- Hey Indie Authors, Create Space is Closing – Fiction University
- Publishing Companies to Avoid and Nasty New Author Scams – Just Publishing
- Does Your Story Have a Firm Foundation? – The Kill Zone
- Three Ways to Tell if a Manuscript is Worth Going Back To – Fiction University
- Killing Sacred Cows – The Kill Zone
- The Benefits of Co-Writing – A Writer’s Path
- 5 Best Free WordPress Plugins to Boost Traffic – Just Publishing
- Create Space Merges with KDP – Nicholas C. Rossis