Facebook is taunting me this week with memories of past vacations. I took the above photo five years ago on a trip to Big Bend National Park from inside the Chisos Mountain Lodge. We were having breakfast on our last morning there.
That day we drove all the way from Big Bend (near the Mexico border) to Arlington, Texas and took in a Ranger’s baseball game that night. It was a victory for the home team, and if I recall, they were in either first or second place in the AL West. That’s more than I can say for this year’s team.
This has been catch-up week after being on vacation. I spent most of Monday at my day job reading through emails. But that’s how it goes when you have time off.
Summer is in full swing here in Texas. Forecasters say this weekend some dust from the Sahara Desert will move in. Can you imagine? All the way across the Atlantic, the Carribean, and the Gulf of Mexico? Go figure.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Now it’s time for this week’s writing links.
From Story Empire:
- From Word to Book – Harmony Kent
- When You Hit a Brick Wall – Joan Hall
- Television and The Craft of Writing Fiction – Story Empire Authors
From Other Writing Sites
- What to do When Your Critique Feedback Gets Ignored – Fiction University
- How Your Emotional State Can Affect Your Editing – A Writer’s Path
- Monday Marketing – 3 Quick Tips – Lizzie Chantree
- Dive Deep Into Dialogue – Writers in The Storm
- 12 Worst Blogging Mistakes – A Writer’s Path