I always look forward to Fridays. The end of the week, the start of the upcoming weekend. However, I hate to see this week wrap up. Why? I’ve been on vacation. My husband and I have spent the past three days in a cabin near Broken Bow, Oklahoma. Not our fanciest vacation and certainly not the farthest place we’ve been, but these few days of rest and relaxation is just what we needed.
We lucked out on the weather. The temps were cooler than usual. It rained on Wednesday. It was nice to sit inside the cabin and hear thunder and the patter of rain on the tin roof.
Wednesday night we went to a local pizza place and tap room known as Grateful Head. (The owners are Grateful Dead fans.) Thursday we drove through Beaver’s Bend State Park and took a few photos of the lake.
I did a little reading and even managed to write a few words on my WIP. But all good things must come to an end, so it’s back home today. Our cats will be happy.
And now, this week’s writing links:
From Story Empire:
- The Lost Dutchman’s Mine Gold Mine of Authors
- The Plate of Peas Part of Writing
- Friday Cover Share: Cusp of Night and The Alternative
From Other Sites:
- What is the Oxford Comma and Why is it Such a Big Deal? – Just Publishing
- Should You Self Publish? – Romance University
- Determining a Character’s Emotional Range – Writers in the Storm
- Plotter or Panster You Should Outline the Second Draft – Fiction University
- Creating the Perfect Newsletter – Nicholas C. Rossis
- Romance 101 – Romance University
- Cheat Sheet for Creating Suspense and Tension – Writers in the Storm
- Advice for New Writers – Fiction University
- Finding The Best Grammar Checker – Just Publishing
- My Cure for Writer’s Block – Kill Zone
- 8 Tips for Reviewing a Manuscript Critique – Fiction University
- How to Build a Landing Page That Markets You as an Author – Nicholas C. Rossis